Wednesday 3 June 2015

Short Story - Greed For Gold

Dear reader, My husband is a young increasing figure in the Multinational Corporation in which he is functioning. Handsome and vivacious, he can talk impromptu on any topic. Getting a likable particular person, he has quite a few good friends and I also started to have quite a few good friends. In quick, we are a couple admired by all and life is seriously attractive.

One particular day even though Rohan was away in Hong Kong exactly where he had gone on official tour, I drove to the Akshardham temple at Noida Additional, Delhi, just to when away the time. It was evening and the quiet atmosphere there incredibly soothing and enjoyable; I did not notice that it was currently dark. I was startled by the sound of approaching foot methods. A man and his wife, labourers by look, wanted to speak to me. On enquiry, they asked me to talk to me alone. I wondered what it may well be, but didn't really feel any apprehension.

They told me they got a thing enjoy gold when digging there for building of the temple; can I confirm it? Getting a lady, jewellers will not suspect me of theft. The man gave me two pieces which looked enjoy old coins. Of course I felt excited and wanted to know the truth. They told me to come immediately after two days at the similar spot and left.

I drove straight to a jeweller identified to us, from whom we purchased ornaments on a regular basis. You see, ours was a appreciate marriage and Rohan pampered me as he earned quite a few dollars and was a bit lavish The shopkeeper didn't ask any inquiries; he confirmed it was pure 24 carat gold!

I wanted to speak to Rohan, but, to my despair, all my efforts failed. Some voice from Hong Kong informed that he will return to the hotel only immediately after a week. I was afraid that they may well approach an individual else and I may well drop a golden possibility. I waited impatiently till the appointed hour, with enough dollars withdrawn from bank (He offers my any quantity of blank cheques though he goes on tour).

Oh! They are coming. . . I took them to our flat and right after closing the door cautiously, examined the bag. I counted hundred coins, every weighing ten grams. How significantly do you want? I asked.

We are incredibly poor. By no means touched gold. Give us what ever you really feel correct -was the answer.

I felt pity; and greedy also. I provided Rs. fifteen lac. They consulted amongst themselves and lastly agreed.

I went to the jeweller quickly and handed more than the gold... Every moment seemed adore an hour. Just after eternity, he appeared with a lengthy face.. Madam, they cheated you... The earth started to go round and round... Though I came to, a physician was examining me. He gave some medicines. I am depressed. I can't face Rohan.

Dear reader, You watch obituary column in the newspaper tomorrow. Very good bye, Rohan. ... Marry some sensible girl as quickly as you can neglect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment