Thursday 28 May 2015

Short Story - Every Dog Has His Day

A poor family members is not welcome, particularly in the village, exactly where neighborhood is closely knit. As soon as Suma and her husband rented a hut and came to our subsequent door, my wife was plainly upset. I attempted to console her. 'We are fairly nicely financially. I know you are worried that they will borrow cash. Do not bother.'

They purchased a cow. Naturally, we began purchasing the milk. Suma's husband was lame and so he was not quite useful in searching following the cow, the entire burden falling on the poor lady. They had a daughter studying in the college. She was not stunning, but was nicely endowed with brains, usually coming up initial in exams.

She utilized to seek my assist in her research and I gladly assisted her. As soon as she required cash, I really encouraged her to borrow dollars from us, but my wife kept suitable account of it, even even though I treated it as grant-in-help.

Our son was a brilliant student aspiring to turn into a medical doctor. Anytime he came property, the two utilized to meet. I consider my wife did not like it.

The girl liked to dress effectively, but I did not encourage her in this. Books are far more critical than appears, I applied to say.

When, As soon as we went on a picnic, my son insisted that we take our neighbors with us. As we had no daughters (we are a single; we need to have a single, was her motto), I really liked her firm. If only she had greater charms!

When, the lame duck had to be hospitalized and kept in ICU for days. We paid the bill, even though I cursed him heartily. I consider Suma's parents had no selection, getting poorly off.

Days and months passed and their debt mounted. (Cease going to the jewellery shop, was my response to my wife). I recommended that Suma need to get one more cow. Somehow, it did not get any response.

One particular day, we noticed some strangers coming to see Suma. Is it not also early to assume of marriage for her daughter, I wondered. My wife differed. Daughters are to be married off as early as attainable, she commented.

But it was yet another story, altogether.

Extended ago, As soon as lame duck was a modest youngster, his grandmother was quite considerably concerned about his future. Once her husband expired, she secretly referred to as a lawyer and created a will,

bequeathing the entire residence to the lame duck alone. She also passed away and none knew about it, except the lawyers. Once the family members wanted to sell off a part of the household, they have been told about the will. Then they realized the gravity of the circumstance and had come to acquire the consent of lame duck, who became a millionaire overnight, as the sole owner of tens of acres of landed residence. All this was told to me by my wife.

Is she now prepared to take Suma as a future sambandhi (husband of daughter-in-law), as they say in Hindi?

No comments:

Post a Comment