Monday 4 May 2015

She Was Mentally Unstable, Pregnant, And Afro-Asian - A Short Story

As I sat silently, in the early hours of the morning facing the Atlantic Ocean in the West African City of Lome - Togo, pondering of what to consume and drink due to a rather extreme thirst and hunger, I seen a particular pregnant lady walking toward exactly where I sat. She was wearing a stripped pajamas, hunting rather pale, with a disheveled hair. She appeared to be in her late 30s and of Asian descent. Either of her parents could possibly be Korean, Japanese or Chinese. She was lanky; her mouth was drooling; and she appeared to be a faded beauty that had fallen on really hard instances. She reminded me of my half-sister-Cecelia.

"Wow! Wow! A demented Asian lady?" I cried aloud.

Till that time, I had under no circumstances ever conceived witnessing such a bizarre situation. She was an unpleasant demented lady who snarled abuse at passersby. I also observed how tough she toiled to shoo away these nasty African flies - they would not leave her alone!

"Who on earth could possibly were accountable for her pregnancy?" I asked myself.

"May it be a further Asian lunatic? No! I shouted out to myself.

To rule out any such possibility, I located solace in the truth that, the Koreans, the Chinese, the Indians, the Lebanese, the Bangladeshis, the Pakistanis, and certainly, the Burmese - who all come to Africa to do business enterprise are wealthy men and women - at least from the African point of view. How might they have neglected their off-spring to such an extent that she would basically come to be demented and go scavenging for meals via the African garbage? At least, she would had been whisked away to her fatherland as quickly as indicators of lunacy had been detected. To be certain, she would not be permitted to develop mad in Africa - understanding the plight of mad men and women on that continent.

The other side of me countered:

"What has wealth, beauty and mixed blood got to do with lunacy?"

"Following all, I had study around, and noticed on Television, some lunatics in the USA, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and Germany - to name a couple of."

The other side of me disagreed:

"Yes, there are mad folks everywhere. But not Europeans or Asians becoming observed in Africa roaming half-naked with dirty garments scavenging for meals via the garbage."

The other side of me wouldn't agree:

"OK. You perhaps proper. How around these 'white' vacationers who arrive scantily clad everywhere in Africa just to 'really like' the gorgeous African sun... are they mad individuals?"

The other part of me declined to answer - rather picking to concentrate on who could possibly have fathered the un-born youngster of this hapless lady.

At this time, my hunger and thirst had grow to be unbearable. Having said that, I wouldn't cease becoming inquisitive.

Forgetting of my personal plight, I begun to wonder what had occurred to this lady. I may well no longer really feel the intensity of the hunger and thirst that had overwhelmed me. My thoughts had now been hijacked by the sight of this unfortunate lady.

"May possibly it be one of these highly effective businessmen in this port city, or a potent politician of sorts?" I continued my cogitation.

"But then, how might such an stunning middle-aged lady get crazy?"

There have been no quick answers. But what I could possibly assure myself of, was that, this may be the handiwork of a sane and highly effective man. I vowed to discover out prior to I left town. It could possibly take me a week or two - even months. I believed these nasty flies hovering about her had numerous secrets to hide.

Then the eureka moment came at final! See you subsequent time!

This author has been a accurate enjoy advocate for over two decades, and has worked in a variety of capacities to boost accurate adore and teach its which means to many communities all over the globe. He has visited many nations in Africa, the Middle East and Asia, and has been a networker, a motivator and a writer. He loves creating pals all over the planet. And in the business enterprise that he belongs to, they supply vacation packages to couples and folks who want to take a vacation away from residence in order to unwind and re-energize their relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment